Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Visuals - Continuation













Artist Statement

“Continuation” is the fourth in a series of compositions to be developed for my thesis. The Gestalt principle of continuation is when the eye is carried smoothly into the line or curve of an adjoining shape; the mind looks for a direction and the eye follows certain lines and visual cues. The compositions are an exploration into grunge and retro; the idea is to use shapes, textures and colors to covey this principle of continuation; the object is to see how the viewer’s eye is pulled around the page. Upon completion of the body of work it is my intention to have people view the compositions to see how they perceive them. All compositions will be presented in grayscale since color plays too big of a role in influencing the viewer.

Like closure, I find that these easily convey the concept of continuation and should be easy for the viewer to see. I am delving into new techniques for presenting my material. Overall, I am very pleased. Still more to come.

Works Cited:

AU. “Gestalt” Dictionary.com (2008) .

No comments:

Post a Comment