Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Visuals - Closure


"Celtic Circle"

"Words"

"Mandala"

"Shapes"

"Celtic Circle" - Color version

"Words" - Color version

"Mandala" - Color Version

Artist Statement

“Closure” is the third in a series of compositions to be developed for my thesis. The Gestalt principle of closure states that it is our ability as a viewer to fill in the missing gaps of visual information. The compositions are an exploration into grunge and retro; the idea is to use shapes, textures and colors to covey this principle of closure; the object is to see how the viewer’s eye is pulled around the page. Upon completion of the body of work it is my intention to have people view the compositions to see how they perceive them. All compositions will be presented in grayscale since color plays too big of a role in influencing the viewer.

Of the compositions to date, I find that these easily convey the concept of closure and should be easy for the viewer to see. Not that I am trying to make it easy! I am enjoying my exploration into the Gestalt principles and trying to be creative in expressing them. Likewise, I find that the grunge/retro style works for these.
Works Cited:

AU. “Gestalt” Dictionary.com (2008) .

No comments:

Post a Comment